You don’t have to be a fire chief to join NYSAFC! All members of emergency services organizations – including company officers, firefighters, emergency medical services personnel, fire commissioners, fire coordinators, code enforcement personnel, and fire/life safety educators – can join this not-for-profit association, which assists the leaders and future leaders of New York’s emergency services.
Each annual dues payment received by NYSAFC helps to fund year round association activities, programs, and endeavors, legislative representation, and administrative support for New York’s emergency services leaders. Unite with your comrades from across the Empire State and take advantage of our valuable membership benefits.
PDF Individual Membership Application
Join Online by Creating a New Account
Questions about membership? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
$45 annual dues payment
*Individual Members with 25 consecutive years of membership are eligible for Life Membership upon request.
Individual Membership Benefits:
- Subscription to SIZE UP quarterly magazine.
- Subscription to FIREHOUSE monthly magazine.
- Subscription to The NYSAFC Bugle monthly e-newsletter.
- Subscription to The Daily Dispatch e-newsletter from IAFC Eastern Division.
- Discounted registration rate for NYSAFC's Annual Conference & FIRE Expo, Hands-On Training, Company Officers Leadership Training, and most education programs.
- Discount on books and training materials from Fire Engineering Books, IFSTA, and Jones & Bartlett Learning through NYSAFC's New York Fire Book Store.
- NYSAFC Scholarship Program for higher education, open to Active, Associate, and Affiliate Individual Members and their spouses and children.
- Awards for fire service excellence, including the Career Fire Chief of the Year, Volunteer Fire Chief of the Year, and Chief Fred W. Singer Fire Educator of the Year Award.
- Special discounts and savings from Marshall & Sterling Insurance, uniquely tailored for first responders. Coverages can include protection for auto, home, life, condo, renters, RV, motorcycle, snowmobile, boat, vacation homes, and personal umbrella. Learn more here.
- Free fire/EMS behavioral health and wellness workshops and resources from PERMA.
- Discounts from Lexipol, America’s leading provider of state-specific fire policy, policy training, and automatic policy updates. Learn more here.
- Access to FireRescue GPO, part of Sourcewell, one of the largest government cooperative purchasing programs in North America. With over 400 competitively awarded suppliers, participants have access to contracts for fire apparatus, firefighting equipment and gear, ambulances, and more. Learn more here.
- National Income Life Insurance Company accidental death benefit program.
- Get updates on government affairs issues and join with colleagues from the career and volunteer emergency services in NYSAFC, which provides legislative representation for all first responders in Albany and Washington, D.C.
- Contact NYSAFC for technical support to deal with any emergency services issue, from OSHA to public education to building codes to fire department administration.
- Membership card and decal.