You don’t have to be a fire chief to join NYSAFC! Any fire department, EMS agency, or county, regional, or statewide emergency services organization can become a member of this not-for-profit association, which assists the leaders and future leaders of New York’s emergency services.
Department Membership is something your entire organization will value and includes unique benefits for organizations. And remember – each annual dues payment received by NYSAFC helps to fund year round association activities, programs, and endeavors, legislative representation, and administrative support for New York’s emergency services leaders.
For information or to apply for Department Membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org
$175 annual dues payment
Department Member Benefits:
- Subscription to SIZE UP quarterly magazine.
- Subscription to The NYSAFC Bugle monthly e-newsletter.
- One complimentary NYSAFC Annual Conference & Fire Expo Full Term Registration, which includes entry to exhibits and classroom education sessions.
- One $40 gift certificate that can be applied toward registration for any NYSAFC program or Individual Membership dues. Use it to pay for your chief’s Individual Membership dues or to supplement the registration fee for NYSAFC’s education programs, such as Company Officers Leadership Training (COLT) or Hands-On Training.
- Discounted registration rate for Department Members' individual members to attend most NYSAFC education programs (excluding Annual Conference & FIRE Expo registration).
- Discount on books and training materials from Delmar Cengage Learning, Fire Engineering Books, IFSTA, and Jones & Bartlett Learning through NYSAFC's New York Fire Book Store.
- Cost savings and group purchasing through the FireRescue GPO.
- Discounted rate from First Due Size Up, which provides real-time information on exposures and hazard recognition for properties within fire districts to help fire departments respond safely and more effectively.
- Discounted rate from Lexipol, America’s leading provider of state-specific fire policy, policy training, and automatic policy updates.
- Get updates on government affairs issues and join with colleagues from the career and volunteer emergency services in NYSAFC, which provides legislative representation for all first responders in Albany and Washington, D.C.
- Contact NYSAFC for technical support to deal with any emergency services issue, from OSHA to public education to building codes to fire department administration.